Our getAwareLive! website offers accessibility for individuals with disabilities and for those who use assistive technology (AT) devices. Accessibility features provide equivalent use for individuals with low vision and individuals using Zoom Text, the JAWS® screen reader, and the Apple VoiceOver screen reader.
For Users with Low Vision
The Accessibility Helper is available at the top left of the website, which allows the user to perform functions like increasing the font size, selecting color contract options, underlining links, and highlighting links.
For Users of JAWS® and VoiceOver Screen Readers
- We performed a full site test using both JAWS and VoiceOver and constructed the site to make it usable for people who use those AT devices. Here are some examples:
- All images have alt text and captions for screen readers to read.
- The Image Slider on the front page is hidden to JAWS. JAWS has trouble interacting with the slider; instead, text is available for JAWS to read in place of the text on the slider.
- Paragraphs and headings were designed so that JAWS reads them in the correct order.
- The schedule on the main page is in a list order so that JAWS can effectively read the schedule.
Additional Noteworthy Items
Some areas of our website are not fully accessible for low-vision or JAWS users. Please be aware of these and the alternative options listed below.
Web forms and CAPTCHA
- There are web forms on the Contribute and Contact pages. Users can send information to Alliance if they are interested in being a sponsor, speaker, or contributor to the conference, or if they have a general question.
- The CAPTCHA, which blocks spam entries into the form, is not fully accessible.
- For users who wish to contact us for any reason but cannot complete the form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Online payment and registration
We are using a third-party event registration and payment system for users who wish to register and pay for the conference online using a credit card.
The online payment website is not fully accessible and is hard to navigate with JAWS.
For users who wish to purchase online by credit card but need assistance, please contact Alliance Sales at email@example.com or (253) 844-4293. An Alliance sales representative will work with you through the process.
At Alliance Enterprises, we are committed to inclusion and providing solutions that work for all populations. We are committed to providing accessible products and services for individuals with disabilities. If you have feedback to make the getAwareLive! website more accessible, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.